Wednesday, September 14, 2011

What is a city or area in Oklahoma where I could find mountains?


What is a city or area in Oklahoma where I could find mountains?
I need to research a town in Oklahoma where I could find mountains. I'm planning a story and I need to know of a town or area in Oklahoma with mountains where I could place a highly esteemed private school.
Other - United States - 5 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
the arbuckles are near davis, ok http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arbuckle_Mountains but why would you want to put a private school up in the mountains of oklahoma? i mean i live here now, not that great.
2 :
Mts>? in Oklahoma. ? How bout Hills > look in Ada 100 miles SE of Ok. City
3 :
I recall that there are some pretty good-sized hillls near Lawton. At least they seemed large when I was at Fort Sill for Army basic training.
4 :
Talihina, Oklahoma is the Village between the mountains, with the Kiamichi Mountains to the South and the Winding Stair Mountains to the North and the Potato Hills to the west. Talihina is also known as the Gateway to the Beautiful Talimena Scenic Drive and the Quachita National Forest.
5 :
Southeast Oklahoma between Poteau and Broken Bow has the Ouachita Mountains, they are the largest range in the state. Others like the Arbuckles and Wichita Mountains are more like big hills.